A conference organized by the Institute for the Study of the Ancient World and The Shelby White and Leon Levy Program for Archaeological Publications, in partnership with the Archaeological Institute of America
- 9:20 – 9:30am: Introduction, David Ratzan (ISAW)
- 9:30 – 10:00am: Sebastian Heath (ISAW), Digital Publication as Context: An Archaeologist’s Perspective
- 10:00 – 10:30am: Erin Averett (Creighton, AIA), Visualizing Votive Practice: The Athienou Archaeological Project’s Experiments with Digital 3D Publication
- 10:30 – 11:15am: Discussion followed by Coffee & Tea Break
- 11:15 – 11:45am: Eric Kansa (Open Context, W-L), Data Publishing: Editorial and Curation Needs in Archaeology
- 11:45am: – 12:15pm: Christopher Ratté (Michigan), Archaeological Data Management and Digital Publication at the University of Michigan
- 12:15 – 2:00pm: Discussion followed by Lunch
- 2:00 – 2:20pm: Patrick J. Burns (ISAW), Mapping Library Subject Headings with the HathiTrust Extracted Features Dataset
- 2:20 – 2:30pm: Discussion
- 2:30 – 3:00pm: Theresa Huntsman (Harvard), Lydian Legacies: Approaches to Digital Publication and Open Access for Sixty Years of Archaeological Data from Sardis
- 3:00 – 3:30pm: Emily Cole (ISAW) and Bethany Simpson (UCLA), Digitizing Digs: Combining 20th and 21st Century Excavation Archives from the Fayum, Egypt
- 3:30 – 4:00pm: Discussion followed by Tea Break
- 4:00 – 5:30pm: Tom Elliott (ISAW), Credit, Blame, and Consequences (Introductory remarks for panel discussion)
Speaker presentations will be followed by a panel discussion.
RSVPs for this event are now closed. Please use this form to add your name to the wait list for the conference.